Wednesday, August 15, 2007

religious insights from our president

Oh boy. My favorite blog highlighted this article and I couldn't help but do the same. I find this absolutely hysterical and absolutely scary at the same time. Here are some highlights from the article that tickled my fancy, or just pissed me right off:

"I am driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, 'George go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan'. And I did. And then God would tell me 'George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq'. And I did."

"God bless the people of this part of the world"

"I did denounce it. I de- I denounced it. I denounced interracial dating. I denounced anti-Catholic bigacy... bigotry."

"We say in our country, everybody matters, everybody is precious in the sight of an Almighty." (except those who don't believe in an almighty ....)

"And I just -- I cannot speak strongly enough about how we must collectively get after those who kill in the name of -- in the name of some kind of false religion."
(and clearly he's the one who decides what a "false religion" is)

"It's also important for people to know we never seek to impose our culture or our form of government. We just want to live under those universal values, God-given values"


oh dubya, you make me angry.

No comments: