Saturday, May 12, 2007

shopping

As far as I can tell, there are three universal truths to shopping:

1. You will look amazing in the dressing room, and not so great at home in front of a mirror.

2. If you go shopping looking for something specific, you will never find it, but instead, three days after you finally settled and bought something that only marginally fit the intended purpose of the clothing you were searching for, you will find the first item. Most likely on sale.

3. You will always spend significantly more than you had hoped.

I have a presentation in Comm on Monday and we decided to dress in Western colors. It just so happens that I have no dressy clothing in blue, gray, and very little in black. Awesome. It started my two hour shopping trip from hell today. It ended in me buying a skirt that was too expensive, a shirt that is pretty much too small (but literally the only blue thing I could find anywhere that wasn't super bright tealy blue), and a short little gray sweater that I don't really like that much. But by god, I came out of there with blue, gray, and black. Ten bucks says no one else shows up in Western colors for the presentation.

No comments: