Thursday, May 10, 2007

casts

So, I have always harbored a sick desire to have a cast. For some reason, no matter how much I hear it itches, and how many people have dared me to smell their cast, I still have always kinda wanted one. Maybe its an excuse to wear something neon green everyday for six weeks, or maybe its the forced conversation with strangers ("oh no, what happened?"), but it haunts me to this day. The only thing (ok, perhaps not ONLY) that holds me back from breaking my own arm, is the fact that I have never understood how people bathe when they have casts. Especially leg or ankle casts, you can't really just dangle a leg out of the shower, gravity would kick your ass! This also plays into my fear of being the stinky kid, I couldn't go days at a time without a shower just to have an awesome cast. The closest I have ever come was spraining a wrist. Some do say that a sprain is worse than a break ....

No comments: