Thursday, June 14, 2007

customer service

So, I like to get my eyebrows waxed. I have not gone in a really long time because of school, and lack of money and time and sheer laziness. So I went in today because I'm all done with school and I had time yadda yadda. I walk in, say I want an eyebrow wax and they take me back to the little room. The girl first goes, "is this your first eyebrow wax?" and I have to sheepishly reply, "oh no, it's just been a really long time, it's getting pretty sloppy", and then she follows with a kicker, "do you want to get a lip wax? you could really use it". Ouch. I was stunned and then agreed to it against my better judgment. It didn't hurt any worse than the eyebrows or anything, but now I'm a little afraid that I've always had this horrible mustache problem that no one has had the balls to tell me about. Yikes. More importantly, what the hell kind of customer service is that!?! I was so caught off guard I didn't know what to do. So I ended up spending double what I originally wanted to, and left her a big tip because other than the back handed calling me a big hairy monster, she was really nice and chatted with me and everything, plus she said she was having a bad day, so I figured a bigger tip might help.

This leaves me with two questions:

1. Did I/ Do I, have some horrible upper lip hair problem?
2. Was that the worst customer service ever, a girl trying to make ten extra bucks, or the first honest person about my lady stache?

No comments: