Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm sorta awesome

I know that many people just read that title and said, "DUH," but you may be wondering why I am in fact so awesome. Let's be honest with ourselves, there are about 410 ways why I am so awesome (I have yellow shoes, I like weird books, I can whistle very well, I don't discriminate, just to name a few), but this post will focus on just the one. I am a vegetarian who is an amazing cook. Let's just break down a few of my baller recipes.

1. Cabbage salsa. A favorite on the east side and very very rarely (if ever) seen in Western Washington. You poor 206ers, 425ers, 360ers etc. etc. It's refreshing, vegan, awesome as a dip, a little salad and on or in pretty much any Mexican food.

2. Potato and black bean enchiladas, most recently made last weekend. Rice, jalapenos, roasted red potatoes, black beans, and lots of spiciness. Throw a little cilantro on top and you're golden. Or a little cabbage salsa...

3. Pepper and mushroom lasagna. It's just like my Mommy's except instead of sausage (yeah, the Duggans are baller, we don't even mess around with hamburger) I put peppers, mushrooms, onions, and crushed red pepper flakes inside.

Good lord, I'm a good cook. Seriously, why don't I have a boyfriend? Tell your friends how awesome. Their answer will undoubtedly be "DUH," but you can just throw this reason on top of the pile of other reasons.

No comments: