Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I'm just not that into it



OK so here's the thing. Last Spring I was kinda seeing a guy. Then I was kinda NOT seeing a guy. Then I went to camp and still wanted to talk to the guy all the time but couldn't. Then I started wanting to order books online (along with various other things) so that I could get packages in the mail. The only mail that I ever got was from KJW and it was awesome drawings that I have until this day. So long story short, along with Chuck Palahniuk books, Twilight, and some vitamins I believe, I got He's Just Not That Into You. So I read it and there were literally chapters that I felt could have been headed "Hey Diana, this part is about YOUR life." Apparently my issues are universal, I thought I was at least cool enough to have original issues. Lame. So anyways, I read the books, thought "huh, OK" and pretty much put it out of my head. THEN THEN THEN, they came out with a movie. So I watched the movie and HATED IT! The book's message was basically, "hey be practical, don't listen to all those stories your friends tell you that are completely ridiculous, don't settle on guys that you are not really happy with." The movie had the same message until about the last three minutes and then they turned it around JUST like all over romantic comedies with the whole "never give up, he's out there, even that married guy you're dating will OF COURSE break up with his wife for you" bullshit. Good lord.

Shining point, Ben Affleck was HOTTT. Three Ts.

No comments: