Monday, December 10, 2007

I'm not aging gracefully


Well I finally went to the doctor today to get my knee checked out. I have had knee problems for years, like since sophomore year of high school, but I always just put a brace on and sucked it up (read: complained until everyone hated me for it). Well it has gotten so bad recently that I can hardly walk sometimes. So I went into the doctor, had a check-up (they made me take my pants off, so I had to get checked out in my underpants, then walk around the room in my underpants so that they could see how my feet roll around when walking ... embarrassing!). After the whole ordeal I was diagnosed with Patello-Femoral syndrome. Meaning, one of the muscles in my thigh (there are two connected to the patella that control its movement) is stronger than the other, so when it moves my patella around, it pulls harder and throws the whole bit out of whack, making my patella grind against my femur. Pleasant right? The lady just kept going "I know this hurts very badly, I know this is very uncomfortable" damn straight it is! So I got a referral to go to the trainer on campus to get some rehabilitation exercises and then hopefully it should start to get better. The trainer is only there from 8:00-12:00 so I have to wake my butt up early one of these days (probably Thursday) and go over there. I hope it's not painful, and I hope it works!

No comments: