Saturday, June 21, 2008

Camp update

Camp thus far has still been busy. Lots of oreientation and learning how to do everything. It's fun to be meeting so many new people and making connections with the people that I work with and live with and everything.

I'm starting to have concerns about the food situation. It is fried, greasy, cheesey and just plain made for kids. I find myself eating a salad at every meal ... with the greasey cheesey pasta with eight types of meat and whatnot, it's going to be a problem. Yesterday we went to this girls camp down the street called Romaca, which is affectionately called HO-maca by all the female staff of my camp. It's very odd how the directors of each camp whore their staff out to each other because they become so deprived of the opposite sex. It was funny to watch (especially the younger guys) run around after the girls and put on shit tons of cologne and try to impress them. The girls and me just sat around and talked about how their dining room was sub-par to ours, there was not enough food, they were mean, and just in general how our camp is much better. Clearly having a staff of about 200 here right now and around 20-25 of them being women is pretty good odds. Not to mention that of those 20-25 women they are either way out of the age range of the people here, married, have children, or are dating one of the guys that are already here. Its a perk. And I just found out that HO-maca is coming HERE for dinner which kinda sucks because now I feel social pressure to dress up in somewhat decent clothes. Lame.

OH, another perk of this job, I can not shower, wear gym clothes, and its perfectly fine and even encouraged. Some of the highest ranking people wear shitty gym clothes that are ripped and paint splattered and no one cares! Plus once the kids get here we have shirts assigned so we only have to worry about pants.

Ok, not much else is going on in life. We have been going out a lot and I'm tired! I have turned into a big dull dud in my old age. Ok, more news later.

No comments: