Monday, September 29, 2008

fiance!?!


Today was a day. I worked. It was actually kinda nice because the office was quiet, I got a lot done, and pretty much no one was on my case. Plus I had a really nice lunch with another really new girl there who I'm pretty sure is my age, new best friend!?! She seems shy, I'll have to break her of that. Then this afternoon I go out on my errands. Go to the first bank, park, go inside, it's ape shit crazy in there. Ten thousand people, I stand in line for fifteen minutes. I realize as I see the meter maid stroll by that I had only paid the meter for 8 minutes thinking there was no way it could take longer than that. Walk outside, nice little yellow envelope on my windshield. I worked for Western parking for two and half years and NEVER got a ticket at Western, then I'm downtown DOING MY JOB and get one, lame. It was only ten bucks though so I'm not that beat up about it. Then I go to the NEXT bank that I have to do a deposit at. A really cute young nice guy is helping me, totally chatting me up on what I do in my spare time, what my job is, asking me if I'm in school and we are making banter and making fun of each other's jobs and just having a good time during this little transaction. I think to myself, "self, if he asks for your number, don't you even hesitate, just give it to him" "ps self, you look hot in your trendy dress clothes that you can almost pull off ... go you" Then I tell him about my parking ticket and he exclaims with glee, "oh man, I got a ticket a while ago I totally forgot, if you had not said that then I would have never paid it, thanks for taking one for the team haha" I find this amusing, oh he's so cute, I think he's into me, there is hard core flirting going on, this trip isn't so bad after all even though I got a parking ticket. THEN he says to me, "yeah I was up at mount baker with my fiance and we were blah blah blah" I lost interest, he said the dreaded word (along with girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, common law wife, long term relationship, etc etc) and I zoned out. He is still nice and cute, I wish that that bank was the one that I had to go to everyday so that I could build a really fun look at us working and doing business relationship. Might happen. Probably not. Why are all the taken ones the really good flirters ... wait, that makes sense.

No comments: