Friday, July 10, 2009

Identity crisis

I am not very old. I act like a very old person. I will hold long conversations about the interest rate on my savings account, lament the high cost of stamps, pay bills the moment they enter my apartment, I go to bed at 9:00 and get annoyed with people being "rowdy" in the parking lot at my apartment. Currently I am getting ready to attend a pampered chef party. WTF!!! However I do something horrendously immature pretty much every day. I feel as though I'm going through that awkward transition from being an asshole college kid to being a grown up. It's like puberty again, none of my clothes are appropriate, I constantly feel awkward, I turn to TV to try to understand how my age group acts, I don't know if I should be wearing a bra or not.

OK, I'm going to go turn off Billy Joel playing in the background and leave for my party, don't want to keep the hostess waiting!

No comments: