Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First day of classes




Today was my 11th first day of classes at Western. That means that I only have one more first day of classes until I graduate. I'm accepting your congratulations as they stream in. What do I think so far you're asking? A bulleted list please? I just want to make the people happy:

  • Comm 498 - Communication Ethics. This class weirdly sounds interesting. Here are some of things we discussed today concerning ethical communication. This one is silly: is it ethical to tell your roommate that they look horrible in their clothing? Does this depend on if it is for a date and confidence is more important than looking good, or what if it is an interview where really they do need to look good? More serious: is it ethical to hide that your child is adopted? At what point do you tell them they are? Should you be straight from the beginning or drop it like a bomb later when they can understand? Is there always just one answer? In any case, I think the class will be interesting and the professor (who is my advisor) is hysterical. And you can tell he is a total sarcastic asshole nerd, which is frankly right up my alley. Because of course, I am a sarcastic asshole nerd, who likes to have other people like me around.


  • Environmental Science 101 - It is literally the largest class offered on campus. There are 450 people in my class, we are in the largest lecture hall on campus, and people were sitting on the stairs. Our midterms are online, all notes are posted on his website, and clearly role will not be taken. I caught my first cat nap of the quarter in this class today. I did however get a little excited about learning about environmental things, since I am an aspiring environmental hippie.


  • Psychology 119 - Psych of Gender. The teacher made me laugh. She made fun of men for oggling women and let us out an hour and a half early. I like her already.


  • Communication 325 - Intercultural Communication. I actually donn't have this class until tomorrow, but it is with a prof I had last quarter who I think really likes me, so it should be ok haha.


Thats it. 16 credits closer to graduating on June 14th 2008, not that I'm counting. Other neat pearls in the life of Diana right now?

  • I wrote an angry letter to WTA that I'm going to type up after this and send to: WTA, Associated Students, Alternative Transportation and the President of Western. Yeah, I got a little fire lit under my ass today.


  • I submitted my application for camp this summer. I got a call from the office manager today but I was in class when she called, I now need to figure out a time to call back during New York business hours ...


  • Still working out like a fiend, hoping to lose more lbs this quarter, feeling pretty good about it so far even though I have not lost any since I've been back. I think that getting back into the schedule of class and everything will help regulate myself and get my work outs and food back under control.


I think thats it. Also here is a picture of puppies ... just for fun.

No comments: